Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

On Passing an Emergency Ward.

It's an unbearable feeling
Criss-crossing my heart's xenophobic boundaries.

It's a formless build of half-conscious
Rush of cold down into the basements
Where the self is dignified
Sequentially pulling down
Expectations of another dawn.

Life could be brutal
Yet reminds of virginal peace on Olumo
Life is beautiful
Yet is no more but bacterial bombardment
On the devoted preacher.

Here in this Emergency Ward I blink to stare
At the bandaged ankle ;
My mouth is spasmodically denied of sputum
As I watched in clinical desperation
The amputated limb of a young lad.

There are souls here hanging
Close to purgatory
Where layers of cactus talk to them,
"Welcome home, child.
Shed off your heavy earth.
Herein levitation gives you everlasting delight. Welcome child."

Penultimate of them all :
The limb of a young woman
Filled with droopy pus
Like water in a drainage. .

Nausea hits me in catalogues
Off I go out of the Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment