Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

JAZZ AFICIONADO (For Yemi Sax)

The gasp of music is the elevating stretch
She works on the minds open to her reach.
Jazz lifts the being from sand
Sweeps him upward
To balcony apex of a skyscraper rind.

By inversion, swift medley
Of augmented ninth and diminished thirteenth
Burst out sublime, easily!
At once I perceive before me
Colourful shoals at the Great Barrier Reef.

This cadence is born of maven fingers
This juncture yields to flawless finger chops across piano octaves.
A visage of delight are you, adrift in your saxophonic ambience am I,
Imbued with awe as I lean, primal, on an arm-rest.

Play on; play me Armstrong hued in blue!

Play me mind-bath at Harlem --
One umbilical cord, our roots
Of suture birthed prior the pouring out of notes
From the soul’s delicate sanctuary,
Play me supple Kenny G
Extending till a spasmodic counterpoint,
For the ensemble to unleash the coda.

No doubt, your notes make me your perfect aficionado.











No comments:

Post a Comment